Sunday, March 23, 2008

First, Fastest, Biggest

Met Dem around 9am at Changi Village to get some baits, drinks and food. Both of us still wondering where do we want to fish. Seems like both of us are running out of spots to fish. Because the last 2 weeks were unproductive.

At last we agreed to fish at Changi Board Walk as it is the nearest. Surprising to see only a few rods at the board walk, and we got a good space to cast our lines. Met the regular anglers there and chat with them for a while asking how's the bite rate. Checking out their nets, they have been hooking up a few catfish (duri) since Friday night.

Set my gear, tied up my ready made apollo rig with ponpon sarung as baits and cast with a size 4 sinker. Tide was already high and lucky enough the current were not as strong as when tide were coming up or down.

As I was trying to untie my packet drink, my rod nods twice. While reeling in slowly, I was looking both sides to check on the other anglers whether they are reeling in as line might tangle up due to crossed lines but there were all away from their rods.

I can feel there's something at the end of the line as I was reeling in and it's quite heavy. There's no fight at all and I guess it's the catfish that was hook and I was wrong when I saw a shining white reflection coming up to the surface. Yessss!!! it's a Longhead Grunt (Gerut Gerut/Tembam Pipi).

Shouting at Dem to help me bring up the fish, and I really don't want to repeat the same mistake when I lost that huge Sickle Fish there a month ago. No wonder there was no fight, the fish swallowed the bait deep in.

This was the first, fastest and biggest catch since I start fishing again.





No comments: