Monday, March 2, 2009

Dissapointed Outing

Turn out that the kelong trip that most of the kakis were eagerly waiting since for the last two weeks didn't promised us with good catch.

5.30 am received a sms form Mr. Dem, yup! 5.30 in the morning, checking up on me whether I was up. This guy is too eager on the trip, or he's just plain blur sotong. I'm wondering why the hell he's up so early since the boatman will only pick up us at 8 at the Changi Jetty.

6.30 am I make a move to Mr. Sam's place. As he was driving, might as well I park my bike at his place and go together in his car. Noticed Mr. Dem was snoozing at the hawker centre and ask him to join breakfast with us.

Three of us were virgins of kelong fishing including me. Never tried fishing from a fishing farm before. The rest had past experience but not on the same place. So it's like The Blind Leading The Blind.

Left the jetty around 8.45, stopped at another fish farm to buy some live prawns for bait. Once we reached the so call "easy place to hook up fishes", we geared up and one of us asked the kelong guy where's the best spot to throw our lines.

I settled for two short rods, since we are fishing from a fish farm, but once I found out that on the my Schmictar rod ring is gone, I regret not to bring my other rods. Tape the broken ring with a handyplast and cast out to sea hoping to get the huge fight that I've been told by some of the experienced kelong fishing anglers.

A good sign of hooking up huge fishes brighten up our spirit when one of the kaki managed to hook up an almost 2kg sicklefish. The ooohhss and aahhhhss are buzzing around and we all are hoping that the rest will get the same fight later on.

But... for the rest of the day, we only managed to hook up the most pathetic fish, that is the.... duri belalang! I got only two duris and a palm size snapper.

Feeling so disappointed with the catches, I'm too lazy to snap the catches.
















1 comment:

Dempol said...

Ya la bro....sometimes,place and times play a part.Good venue but fish dont pass by.Might as well go to the usual fishing spots,at least got some bites.Actually that place is a fish farm..."rear fishes"....maybe if Kelong..should be no problem..at least got something....hmm maybe??...