Sunday, March 8, 2009

Out Of Boredom!

Drop by Mr. Dem's house after sending my daughter to her religious class. Chat for awhile before he decides to follow to the tackle shop around Ubi. Collect my Schimtar that I've send earlier that week. Actually I send two rods, the other one is gift from a friend, an old Loomis & Franklin 9 footer with a broken ring.

With various rods in my collection, it seems that my eyes could not resist looking at new rods. I have been eyeing some 12 footer surf rods, but the one that really catch my eyes was the 12 footer D.A.M Fenisee. Checked with the staff there and got feedback that the new blanks are all Malaysian made. Only the old models were made in Germany. Still contemplating to get one coz it's quite pricey.

After collecting my rods, Mr. Dem asking whether want to wet some lines later on. We agreed to meet up at Changi Village at 3 pm. Our arrival there was greeted by the heavy downpour with loud bangs of thunder. While waiting for the rain stop, Mr. Dem met his old kampung friend and was asked to join them fishing later on at their spot. As we don't have any idea to fish that evening, we decided to join them.

Car park 6, most of the anglers called it. A spot where anglers landed huge rays. This is the second time I tried the place. The first one came empty handed and hoping this one will produce some good results.

Mr. Din joins us hours later.




Around 7pm, one the guys multiplier went zzzzrrrrrrrrrttttttt... with his rod bending furiously. Unfortunately after reeling in slowly, he noticed that there's nothing on the other end. Looking by rod's action and the alarm of the multiplier, it was a huge one but lady luck was not on his side. Anyway that's fishing. You win some, you lose a lot!

Later at night Mr. Dem was so happy he reeled up a plate size ray and got a slightly bigger one few minutes later. For me, I got nothing but happy for Mr. Dem that he reel in two rays that night.

Mr. Dem with his ray.

We packed around 11pm, while the other guys stayed till the next morning.

No comments: