Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Birthday

Been deciding whether should I bring along my fishing gear to the chalet or not, as we all will be having a bbq cum birthday celebrations of a nephew and a niece there.

After helping out grilling satays all night long, I decide to go home to refresh and might as well fetch my rod and reel to Pasir Ris PA chalet.

Since I was too tired and BIL was not around, I gave up the idea of night fishing. Anyway, there's no bait at all to fish.

After breakfast the next day, I rode down to Changi Village and bought a few packets of pon pon sarung. BIL came later with lunch, so before we gave the fishes to bite, why don't we have a quick bite at our lunch first.

As I was not familiar of the spot and this is the first time I will throwing my lines there, BIL decide to choose a spot which is near to the chalet.




Saw two guys fishing there with live prawns and seems there's no action at all. Not even a single twitch of their rods.

Both of us set our gears and BIL is the first one to cast and he's the first one to hook a fish. A palm size mempinang. The I got my first bite and land a second mempinang.


Realizing that the two Chinese guys packing their stuff, we decide to shift to their spot. I land my second smallie that is a bechok.


As we chatting away, I saw BIL's rod being pulled. He rushed to his rod and by looking at the tip of the rod, it is not those smallies coral fish bite. And true enough it's not, as BIL reel the fish near to the rocks, I could see the shining body of a sicklefish - tudung periok.


As tide is going down, we are hoping for some more bites, but it ended up our baits are still intact and decide to pack.

No comments: