Sunday, February 3, 2008

Croakers & Rain

I just could not resist my itchiness of going fishing. So, what the heck!, pack up my gears, bought some worm baits, drinks and a poncho and straight to Changi Board Walk.

Called BIL, but he said the weather makes him lazy to fish. Yup, it has been drizzling on and off all day long but at least it's cooler and with no sunburn to worry about. Anyway my skin is getting darker due to weekend fishing.

Met with familiar anglers there and chatted with them a while before I set my gear.

Trying out the new Mustad Bloodworm hooks on the apollo rig. Cast and as usual... wait for bite. Tide was low and surprisingly current was slow. Reel in and saw a small croaker (gelama) hooked on the bait.


Set up a shorter rod and try to hook for small fish and ending up with more croakers.

Packed around 8pm with only four croakers.

No comments: