Friday, February 8, 2008

Lost A Biggie!

Met BIL and another fishing kaki who suddenly want to join my weekend fishing and straight to Changi Board Walk. Yes, the same spot again. It's more convenient and near to home.

Reach there around 7.45 am and notice that there are about seven rods at the walk railing and we had the worst space to cast. Tide is slowly coming up and without delay I set up my gear and cast using worm baits that my friend bought the night before.

As usual fishing at the place is that we have to bear the strong tide currents. And of course there will be rubbish following the tide. Wood planks, branches, empty plastic containers and worst of all... plastic bags. This thing when it got stuck to your hook or sinker, it's like reeling in a huge stingray. That is what caught my hook when I'm doing my third reeling in.

Next reel in I felt the same thing, feeling the weight on the other end of the line. "Argghh.. not bags again!". When reeling in, and my cheapo 10 foot rod was bending like a letter U, I saw a shining reflection coming up to the water surface. Shit! it's not a plastic bag and I didn't notice of my rod nodding at all. It's one huge sickelfish on the other line of the line.

How in the hell should I lift this fish up the broadwalk and worst of all, the nibongs. First hurdle, I managed to lift up the fish over the nibong and asking BIL later to take the line and lift it up by hand. Just he take the line, the fish below snap from the hook and I can see that huge fish swam away from the cooking pot.

That's fishing, we hook some, we lost some.

Pack up around 3 with some smallies.

Reach home and clean up and just about to doze off, got a call from another old fishing kaki asking whether want to join him night fishing at East Coast. Called BIL asking whether, but he said he's too tired but will come down just to watch us fishing. Later, another old fishing kaki joined. And pity for him, he can't reach the water breaker coz the tide is already high. Not to dissapoint him, me and my friend have to wade the water just above knee high to shore.

Thought of changing spot, but ending up chatting at the coffee shop. 2 am reach home and crash coz my eyes are killing me of not enough sleep.

No comments: