Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One Night At The Pond

Old fishing kaki call me, asking how's the bite at Pasir Ris Pond. My last fishing there was donkey years. Just a month ago, I start coming down every Sunday morning after sending my daughter to her religious class. So far I saw all kind of fishes being hooked up, from Mangrove Jack, Barramundi, Grouper, Fingermark Snapper and a lot more that I can't name it.

I came down around 9pm and he came an hour later. As he was preparing his gear, went to get some coffee and he asked me to buy live prawns beside the tackle shop.

Simple cheapo set up, a SureCatch reel with 20lb mono line, a 20 ringgit 5 footer rod that he bought at Kota Tinggi. Floater with that green bright light thingy with two hooks. Hooked up the prawns and cast it just a few feet away.

As we chatting about our fishing heydays, I saw his floater dissapeared from water surface. First strike, a small Barramundi (Siakap). 15 minutes later another strike, a small Mangrove Jack. Just before I decide to go home, he struck another MJ. Forgot to snap fishes that he caught, anyway my camera phone produce lousy night shots.

Still haven't call him, total fishes that he caught after I left. Arhhh!!! After seeing him reeling in the fishes, it made my whole body itch to try the pond.

Pasir Ris Pond daytime.

No comments: