Sunday, February 17, 2008

Zzrrttttttt........


Itchiness of pond fishing was cured when BIL call asking whether I want to join him fishing at Pasir Ris Pond on Friday Night.

We came around 9pm and fill in an empty spot near to the carpark. We only use one rod because BIL will not stay till 7 next morning. Paid the pond attendant S$35 and BIL went to get 200 grams of live prawns, a packet of kembong meat and a floater. I set the gear by using my 7ft Scimitar and my 20lb mono line Rapala reel.

No action at all when using floater and it's a bit frustrated using the floater because it tends to drift away and might tangle other angler's line.

When the pond operator guy start to release the fish, I changed to 2 hook apollo rig using kembong meat as bait.

Zzzzrrtttttttttttttt..... first strike! BIL took the rod and slowly reel in the fish. John Snapper (Unggah Tanda) being lift safely to the ground. Can't guess the weight but it's around 10 inches in length.

Few minutes later saw the rod noddling hard, BIL ask another friend who drop by the pond to reel in the fish but it's a not a bite at all, line being crossed by the other angler.

An hour later as we are chatting I saw the rod nod and the line that it's in the water slowly loosened. Slowly get hold of the rod and slowly reel in then... zzzzzrrrtttttttttt!! Wow! that's the best feeling of an angler. And that's the best fight I got from a fish in my entire life of fishing. A bigger and much more aggressive than the earlier one caught. About 17 inches in length.

From then on till 7 the next morning, there's not a bite at all and worst of all that huge snapper that I reel in managed to escape from the clip. Lesson to learn, don't ever hook a huge fish on that flimpsy clip, get a net to keep the fishes that we caught.

A nice guy besides me gave a huge Taiwan Ngor. 8.30 reached home. Clean up and
zzzzzzzzzzz.....

No comments: