Monday, December 28, 2009

Fishing In The Rain

Last Saturday trip was a wet one. No chance of running to the shelter because we were fishing from the waterbreaker. The only saviour from getting soaking wet is the yellow thingy at the end of the waterbreaker. Me and Mr.Sam's brother taking cover behind the huge yellow thingy. At least both of us were not so soaked like Mr.Dem and Mr.Sam. Both of them taking refuge with thin disposable poncho raincoat.

Before the heavy rain, most of them were hooking smallies. After setting up and cast out my 10 footer, I went down to the edge of the waterbreaker and try luring. Got tired after about 30+ cast. Never in my fishing history I hook up fish from luring. Still learning what lure to use. I will be a happy man if one day I hook up fish by luring.

Warning from the golf course nearby telling the golfers to stop cause heavy rain and lightning


Feeding frenzy when the rain stop slightly. Mr.Dem got a palm size sicklefish, Mr.Sam got a needlefish (todak), I hook up a small grouper and a flathead (baji baji). Mr.Sam's brother got a toadfish (tekuk) and few smallies.

We left around 5.30.


Mr.Dem and Mr.Sam taking cover


Me with my flathead

Mr.Sam with his needlefish

Our total catch

No comments: