Thursday, December 10, 2009

Double Outing

Last Saturday went for a double. In the morning, went fishing around Changi Sailing Club and also tried along the beach from Changi jetty up to Sailing Club.

This time the outing is more like a family affair fishing. Reached the spot around 9 am after buying breakfast, drinks and two packets of pon pon sarung.

After setting up my gear, I decided to have my breakfast. After two to three scoops of nasi lemak went down to my bulging tummy, I saw my rod nod. Check it out and reel in with the most hated fish... the striped eel-tail catfish (Usat).

The rest of the guys decide to change to another spot, about 200 meters further up towards Changi Sailing Club. The spot was responsive, with bites every few minutes but it just won't hook up.

It was a zero catch for me but the rest managed to hooked a small ray and some small fish.



The best thing to do if there's no bite!




My father in law with a small grouper.




Mr.Sam with his blukang!
Then we all decided to change to the previous spot after the biting rate was nearly zero.



And again a big fat zero!

Went home around 4 pm. At midnight Mr.Jay sms me, asking how's the morning result and persuade me to join him for a night outing at Pasir Ris. Met him at the petrol kiosk around Pasir Ris, bought drinks and batteries for the torch light and straight to the beach.

There few anglers, but it seems so quite. Set up our gear and cast. Mr.Jay was buzy entertaining the most hated fish which both of his hook were hooked with the striped eel-tail.

For me, still nothing! Went home at 7.30 am.

Mr.Jay checking his rig in the early morning.

No comments: